Bought a moss ball now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a moss ball and have no idea what to do?

Is it possible it has snails?

Do I squeeze out the water In the container .

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

image-2096507193.jpg

image-2720368182.jpg

Pick it up drop it in the tank don't squeeze it or it will float for a few days

The moss ball was never in a tank with fish it was in a beta cup by itself so no chance of ich

They put them in the tank if one of the beta cups cracks but as long as the one you got was in the cup it was never in a tank, I've gotten 5 of them from petsmart they grow very slow even in co2 high light tanks just remember to turn it every week or so or it will get a flat spot or if you are lucky like me one of your fish will move it around like a Soccer ball

They put them in the tank if one of the beta cups cracks but as long as the one you got was in the cup it was never in a tank, I've gotten 5 of them from petsmart they grow very slow even in co2 high light tanks just remember to turn it every week or so or it will get a flat spot or if you are lucky like me one of your fish will move it around like a Soccer ball

Lol I wish my fish are tiny biggest i have is a comet platy

It's my loach that plays with it he pusses around from one of the roots to another

I guess it depends on how you want the moss to grow but I leaned that you should use a knife to split the ball open then place it flat on the substrate with a rock or something holding it down. It'll attach and you can remove the rock.

I guess it depends on how you want the moss to grow but I leaned that you should use a knife to split the ball open then place it flat on the substrate with a rock or something holding it down. It'll attach and you can remove the rock.

Hmm so then you have 2 instead of 1

Yup. Very slowly. About 2 cm a year I think so a giant moss ball is like 4-5 years old

Or spilt it and form the pieces back into balls. Then they will grow as balls

Back
Top Bottom