Bowing?.. uh oh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joedarat

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey we just noticed that when closing the lid of our hood, there is a small gap in the middle where you can see the water.. same goes for the back, the left and right ends of the hood are flush with the rim of the tank but the center is about 1/4 inch off... it's an all-glass 29 gal. could it just be the plastic?

so I called the lfs where i got it and they suggested that if I really thought it was bowing, then i should replace asap.. .maybe its a sign I need to go 55 gal :lol: but maybe the wife will kill me..

The plastic is just there to keep everything in place and make the tank look nice, not bear the load of the water. Usually, if the plastic is curve, the glass is too. I would get a good sraightedge and see how level the glass is. Anyway, bowing is quite common with 29g tanks. All tanks bow, some less than others. I would contact All-Glass and see what they have to say, and how much is acceptable.

www.all-glass.com

Back
Top Bottom