Brackish cleaners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rigger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can some one please direct my to some bottom feeders to clean my tank in a brackish water set up .
I have 3 puffers in a 50 gal. tank .

Thank you

I wouldn't put any more fish in that tank, it's already maxed out. Puffers are very messy fish that can't handle an over-loaded biofilter. They also don't go by an "inch per gallon rule", but rather 10-15g solid territory per fish. How long have you had the tank?
actually, you may have room to keep some type of goby(NOT a bumble bee goby). Maybe a male and female pair of knight gobies.
Where in canada are you, I may be able to help you out.

No it won't clean your tank, it'll create more waste than all those puffers together when it reaches 12-14" in less than a year.

it will clean your tank of any unaten food from your puffers.
cdawson, how do you figure that a columbian shark will make more of a mess then the 3 puffers? the three puffers will make more waste then 1 columbian shark.
have you ever owned colubian sharks? the columbians iv owned made no big mess, any one else with columbians on here, are yours creating a lot of waste?

Ok Fight nice guys , I am just looking for a bottom feeder to eat algie and clean up my tank !
Thank you

Try looking on planet catfish. It is a great website and has just about any bottom feeder you can think of listed.

e-cat said:
it will clean your tank of any unaten food from your puffers.
cdawson, how do you figure that a columbian shark will make more of a mess then the 3 puffers? the three puffers will make more waste then 1 columbian shark.
have you ever owned colubian sharks? the columbians iv owned made no big mess, any one else with columbians on here, are yours creating a lot of waste?

Any fish I've heard of that reaches a whopping 12-14" usually makes alot of waste.

Back
Top Bottom