Brackish plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
are there any freshwater plants that can be accimilated into a brackish tank? i just got a baby green spotted puffer and as he gets older and i add salt i want the plants i buy to be able to survive, right now i have A LOT of anachris and 1 anubias plant.

Look into java fern and possibly dwarf sag? ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brackish Water Plants

are there any freshwater plants that can be accimilated into a brackish tank? i just got a baby green spotted puffer and as he gets older and i add salt i want the plants i buy to be able to survive, right now i have A LOT of anachris and 1 anubias plant.

Hello BLUE...

Brackish water is just water that has more salt than fresh water, but not as much as salt water. There are a few aquatic plants that will live in slightly brackish water conditions. Anubias nana and nangi, Java fern, Banana plants, mosses like Christmas and Singapore are fine in this type of water. Hornwort, Brazilian water weed and Pennywort will grow well too. Just provide a couple of florescent lamps in the 6500 to 10,000K range and change out the tank water regularly.

B

Back
Top Bottom