brackish setup??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got a 20 gallon long tank and am thinking of creating a brackish tank. I have few general questions:

What substrate is best. I have stone in my FW and crushed coral in my SW was thinking of going with sand for BW tank. Good idea? Problems or issues I should consider?

What kind of filter is needed. I have good Aquaclear 150 that should enough for 20 gallon, should I also use a power head for movement?

Live plants?? Would love them, do they generally do well in brackish?

Anything else i need to know??

19 views and not one word of advice?? I really just need some basic info on Brackish vrs SW/FW...

I think the problem is there are just not that many people out there with brackish tanks. I have gotten so much help from this site, but when I posted about setting up a tank for a figure 8 puffer, I got the fewest responses I have ever received. I haven't started my tank yet, and it's not going to be planted (because figure 8's attack plants), so I'm afraid I don't have that much advice for you yet.

What I would suggest is that you check out this link. It has information about substrates and planting a brackish tank. Hope it helps you out!
http://home.rochester.rr.com/akom/faq2.htm#2a

Catalina,

Yep. That's why was so surprised that I didn't get any responses; usually very helpful. Today there were 47 views 8O and only you responded, so perhaps that means that there are a lot of folks like us that are interested in Brackish, but don't really know much!! :cry:

thanks for the link. I'll check it out. If anyone has any advice at all, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom