Brackish tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike0513

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im new to the site and I have a 20 gallon brackish tank with an Archer fish and a Spotted puffer, i currently feed them a frozen seafood mix. Is this best or should i be feeding them something else to help them "thrive." Also i was thinking of getting another spotted puffer, and something to help keep the tank clean. I know i will still have to clean the tank by hand, i just want something to help with the small stuff/un eaten food, what should i get?

I believe hermit crabs need more dry land than water. I think you set up a tank with sand, and then you just put in little bowls of water for them to go in. :)
Why should I do the research? I am not the one asking.

I believe hermit crabs need more dry land than water. I think you set up a tank with sand, and then you just put in little bowls of water for them to go in. :)

Yeah ya do. But a lot of ppl just buy them without researching and they use those small containers with gravel when they need a larger tank with sand so they can bury. They also even need a bowl of saltwater to get into.

Can you be more specific with your puffer name? Do you mean green spotted puffer (GSP aka Tetraodon Nigroviridis)? If so they really need a 40-55gallon tank as they can get to ~5" average. They also are rarely peaceful to other fish once past the juvenile stage. Most people will keep a heavily decorated tank that offers very little continuous line of sight (LOS). I would personally recommend no other tank additions even with an upgraded tank unless careful observation is given frequently to look for signs of aggression.

Puffers are an incredible species, but they have relatively strict rules for care to avoid catastrophe.

Clibanarius vittatus, Clibanarius tricolor, Clibanarius longitarsus, and Clibanarius africanus are all brackish hermits and would be suitable for that tank assuming the puffer doesnt bother them too much

Archer fish also needs at least a 50gal tank so you really have no room for more fish.

Clibanarius vittatus, Clibanarius tricolor, Clibanarius longitarsus, and Clibanarius africanus are all brackish hermits and would be suitable for that tank assuming the puffer doesnt bother them too much
So i was right when i came to hermit crabs becuase i have a teacher with a brackish and she has hermits

Back
Top Bottom