Breeding glass shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duston4567

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it easy to start a breeding colony of these shrimp. Do I need anything special. Will they go after my fish in my tank? I did get a pregnant female on accident when I purchased. So that is a start I guess that's in advance. I would love any advice.

Duston4567 said:
Is it easy to start a breeding colony of these shrimp. Do I need anything special. Will they go after my fish in my tank? I did get a pregnant female on accident when I purchased. So that is a start I guess that's in advance. I would love any advice.

Do you mean Ghost shrimp? I think it's more trying to stop them from breeding lol. Here's a link google brought up.

http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_4719868

If you have a berried female, you'll have babies. Many species of ghost shrimp do not reproduce in freshwater, I know mine do not, but if she's got eggs you should be good to go. Of course if they are in a community tank the babies typically get picked off, with one surviving here and there. Lots of dense plants and hiding places if you are trying to keep them alive.

Back
Top Bottom