Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2287935233.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	58862

The Mystery Snail Egg Sack :^)

Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04
Why can't you do a water change?
Because the sack is on my fish tank lid. Is it okay for me to remove this lid and have the egg sack facing up on a towel??

Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #13
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTy98 View Post
She laid them today. It isn't a big sack. I will take a picture. What does absence mean and what are infertile clutches??
Sorry, absense means "not there." An infertile clutch means that the boy's sperm are not in it. So, I meant that if a boy snail isn't there, the eggs might be dead. I am not saying that is definitley what happened, just saying it is a possibility sometimes. But, I don't think you will know for sure until 2-3 weeks have passed because it takes 2-3 weeks for the eggs top hatch.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:06 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Sorry, absense means "not there." An infertile clutch means that the boy's sperm are not in it. So, I meant that if a boy snail isn't there, the eggs might be dead. I am not saying that is definitley what happened, just saying it is a possibility sometimes. But, I don't think you will know for sure until 2-3 weeks have passed because it takes 2-3 weeks for the eggs top hatch.
I have 2 adult snails in the tank so hopefully the eggs aren't dead. What did you think about the picture. The egg sack is on the hood of my fish tank lid. Will I be able to do a water change??
Old 10-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #15
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Oh yeah, you can do water changes. I would honestly just leave the eggs there, not you can take them out if you want. They need to kept warm and in humidity, so the tank lid is a good environment for them. But, you can move them is you want. I wouldn't put them on a towel because it could suck moisture away from the eggs.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Oh yeah, you can do water changes. I would honestly just leave the eggs there, not you can take them out if you want. They need to kept warm and in humidity, so the tank lid is a good environment for them. But, you can move them is you want. I wouldn't put them on a towel because it could suck moisture away from the eggs.
No,,I mean can I put the lid with the egg sack attached to it on a towel so I can do a water change??
Old 10-31-2011, 01:17 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTy98

No,,I mean can I put the lid with the egg sack attached to it on a towel so I can do a water change??
Yes you may
Old 10-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #18
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTy98 View Post
Whoops. Sorry fro misunderstanding. Yes, thats fine. Make sure to not leave the lid off for too long because you don't want the eggs to get dry, but yes, its will fine for a quick water change.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats hopefully they hatch for you! That would be awesome, are you going to keep the babies if they hatch? When you do a water change are you worried about water splashing up onto the sack?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob
Congrats hopefully they hatch for you! That would be awesome, are you going to keep the babies if they hatch? When you do a water change are you worried about water splashing up onto the sack?
I will keep some of the babies and if I do a water changer I am going to be very cautious.

Tags
breed, breeding, mystery snail, mystery snails, snail, snails

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com