Breeding Mystery Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are the living conditions for a mystery snail??
They are fairly sensitive to water quality. I have kept them in temps ranging from room temp to about 80 without any issues. Keep their water clean. IME, they do not seem to care too much about pH or anything, but clean is important. They also need real food (flakes or algae wafers or what-not), not just tank sludge. :) Is that what you wondered, or do you have some other questions about living conditions that I missed?

What are the living conditions for a mystery snail??

There's lots of information on the care of Pomacea snails, including Mystery snails on this page at applesnail.net:

How to take care of apple snails: food, housing and breeding.

Temperature: 65 F to 82 F

Higher Ph, maybe 7.6/7.8 and higher.

Lots of calcium in the water and in the food (spinach, dandelion greens, Swiss Chard, collard greens, beet greens (leaves).

Tyty, were you thinking of something specific?

CatmanDru said:
There's lots of information on the care of Pomacea snails, including Mystery snails on this page at applesnail.net:

How to take care of apple snails: food, housing and breeding.

Temperature: 65 F to 82 F

Higher Ph, maybe 7.6/7.8 and higher.

Lots of calcium in the water and in the food (spinach, dandelion greens, Swiss Chard, collard greens, beet greens (leaves).

Tyty, were you thinking of something specific?

No, that is perfect! Thank you ?

image-966155944.jpg

I just took this picture. This egg sack is 2 weeks and 1 day old. Have they started hatching already?? I can't tell. Eggs seem to be disappearing. Please help

absolutangel04 said:
Hooray! I hope you get a bunch of little survivors. Do you have a place ou can sell the to?

Thanks! I do too. Some are kinda hurried under rocks. I was hoping the pet store would take some,, what do you think?? Do you need any??

When you sell them say they are apple snails. If I'm not mistaken the egg laying mystery snail is referred more to the apple snail because of the livebearing mystery snail.

I may be mistaken though

Thank you guys for all the help!! The babies are doing wonderful :^)
Anybody need some??

Back
Top Bottom