Brichardis or Green Terror in a 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need opinions ASAP! Both of these fish look amazing just dont no what to keep and i am planning to stock my 55 soon cause it is about done cycling.

Yeah you could green terrors I think. They are one of my favorite fish! But in the future you should consider getting a 75 gallon tank.

Yeah i plan on upgrading. Right now its impossible but i definitly can in about a year. I love the look of terrors. And has anyone kept brichardis? Any opinions of them?

I've kept both and while neolamprologus brichardi are not the most colorful fish they are interesting in their own right. They develop a colony structure where the older siblings actually help guard and raise new fry, for this reason you'll have loads of them in no time since they breed like rabbits. They are the convicts of the old world cichlids. You'll actually have a hard time getting rid of them as well, they are fairly common and have little value to most LFS who have better success with bright colored fish from Lake Malawi.

Ok well i will only keep one terror and hopefully with a senegal bichir. I want to do a delhezi but would that not fit?

I plan to get the sen/delhezi and terror at about 2.5 to 3 inches. What do i need to look for when purchasing one?

If its in a tank with others make sure to pick one that doesn't look beat up. If its with others the dominant cichlid will be darker than the rest and he is usually in good shape.

Ok because i want a male with great colors! Thanks! And what about my bichir problem. Delhezi or senegal?

Yeah the dominant is the healthiest and almost always has the best colors. But I don't know much about bichirs. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom