Brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wims590

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI :D

i was wondering if anybody has any tips on how to hatch brine shrimp..
ive tried several times without anything hatching! :(
i have tried in a plastic bottle, a plastic brine shrimp hatcher on the tank. still nothing so i dont know what im doing wrong really.
i do use an airpump to keep them moving about and i have waited up to a week just incase they are slow bloomers.
thank you

I'm assuming you did put the correct amount of salt in there? otherwise, I guess it could just be a bad batch of eggs

I just bought a hatchery kit from Big Al's online. I am going to try hatching some in the next day or so and see how it goes....

It was a breeze to set this little hatchery up...I'll let you know if I have baby brine shrimp in 18-48 hours.

HI :D

i was wondering if anybody has any tips on how to hatch brine shrimp..
ive tried several times without anything hatching! :(
i have tried in a plastic bottle, a plastic brine shrimp hatcher on the tank. still nothing so i dont know what im doing wrong really.
i do use an airpump to keep them moving about and i have waited up to a week just incase they are slow bloomers.
thank you

I'm guessing you didn't add any baking soda. Add about 1-2 tablespoons per 2 liter bottle and then they should hatch in 18-24 hours at around 75 degrees.

I have already had some hatch with the kit I got and I fed them to one of my bettas and cories.

Sweet, I think i'm gonna do some research on this sounds like a fun and productive project.

Back
Top Bottom