Brine Shrimp or Blood Worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrcoolt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking to feed my Tetras and pleco something a little different than flakes and wafers. What would be better, brine Shrimp, or Blook Worms. Will Cliff (My pleco), munch on a cucumber if I toss that in there? Hes a bushynose pleco.

It seems to be a coin toss with bushynose plecos and cucumber. Only 1 of my 4 will go near a cuke.

Your fish would definitely appreciate either brine shrimp or blood worms. If you buy them in a freezedried state, don't forget to rehydrate them prior to feeding.

Your pleco would appreciate a nice big piece of driftwood, which he needs for digestive purposes, and probably algae wafers.

I have driftwood, and I was wondering why he spends so much time on there. It seems like he doesn’t eat the wafer to much. I always have to vacuum out the leftovers every day. Maybe just a quarter of the wafer? Also, how do I go about rehydrating the shrimp or blood worms?

Ok thank you. I know it was such a simple question, but i have never once fed my fish Brine Shrimp or Blood Worms. I have always just used flakes and wafers. Thank you for the advice!

So I picked up the Brine Shrimp. My Tetras aren't touching them. They are also being very skiddish and pretty much stay at one spot in the tank. Even after my daily 30% water change. The tank is not fully cycled and I'm doing a fish in cycle.

I fed our fish live brine shrimp bak when we had our 72 gallon.

I currently feed my fish frozen bloodworms in my 10 gallon.

To be honest I don't exactly see a difference in the fish's happiness. I suppose bloodworms are a bit more dangerous to ammonia spikes but really if you do consistent water changes, the level of success shouldn't change. It's really a matter of opinion of the OWNER not the fish or the tank.

My bristlenose plecos love cucumber and zucchini. I've seen them go after the occasional stray bloodworm as well.

Back
Top Bottom