bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mundle

Aquarium Advice Activist
How do I make them more active during the
I only ever see it when's the light is off

Hi

Mine likes to be able to move to cover at a short distance. As long as she has big leaves or a cave nearby and isn't being harangued by other fish, she is a pretty busy little bee.

I do have floating pennywort which may be helping vs. overhead light.

She loves cleaning my plants - amazon swords. She also always enjoys cucumber and orange slices that I put in a veggie clip occasionally.

She hides from strange fish until she gets used to them.

I have two BN, and they're very active they're nearly always out and it's never hard to find them. They have 3 large-ish hiding areas which are spaced around, so there's always somewhere to dart to for cover no matter where they are, they do tend to stay close to "their" log in the day and are more active at night

Personality differs from fish to fish. Contrary the other fine posters, my BN Pleco hid. All. The. Time. Only time I ever say him was when food was present.

They are Catfish. And most (if not all) Catfish are nocturnal. Over time they can be trained to be diurnal (active during the day).

They are nocturnal,I got mine directly after birth, about 2 week old when she she was under 1/2 an inch. But she has grown up in the light so he is out during the day and asleep at night but my leopard frog I got when he was an inch or 1.5 inches and he is straight nocturnal hides in his cave during day but active as night it's just by fish. So sorry

My BN Pleco is one of my favorite tank mates. He is growing and looks very healthy. He has his spots in the tank where he considers home.

Back
Top Bottom