Bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I'll try and get a pic when he does it its random so it might take a while. I just noticed he does it just before he bolts across the tank.

Yeah I'll try and get a pic when he does it its random so it might take a while. I just noticed he does it just before he bolts across the tank.

Yes, this is him flaring his fins, normally they do this when they are scared or are trying tos how another fish to back off. You said he does it right before he darts across the tank? Does it happen when you walk up to the glass or just randomly?

Yes, this is him flaring his fins, normally they do this when they are scared or are trying tos how another fish to back off. You said he does it right before he darts across the tank? Does it happen when you walk up to the glass or just randomly?

Just randomly like during feeding time and such.

And I realized its when new people come to the tank too he'll sit up against the glass and flare at them haha

Sweet fish, I think mine is female but I'm holding out to hope its a male, is yours a female? I was told bristles around the lip instead of up the nose means female.

Correct, if the fish has bristles on the nose it's a male, females have non on the nose!

I have a male and a female this one is my male it doesn't have a lot of bristles though!

image-3439582935.jpg

Female is larger with no bristles male is smaller with bristles around his snout!

Attachments

• image-659603893.jpg
    image-659603893.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom