Bristlenose pleco and corys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 90 litre tank (that's about 24 gallon) long, not tall.

I have two bronze corys and just got two more bronze and two peppered corys today - so once those are out of quarantine, I'll have 6 corys.

I was wondering if I could add a bristlenose pleco to that? I've read mixed things. My tank has several pieces of driftwood and quite a few live plants so everyone has lots of hiding spaces. Also a tiny terracotta cave.

I love plecos and had to take my common pleco back to the shop today - :( - I did not realise when I got him, that my tank would be too small.

Also - does it matter if I get a male or female bristlenose? I like the look of the males.

I have a 90 litre tank (that's about 24 gallon) long, not tall.

I have two bronze corys and just got two more bronze and two peppered corys today - so once those are out of quarantine, I'll have 6 corys.

I was wondering if I could add a bristlenose pleco to that? I've read mixed things. My tank has several pieces of driftwood and quite a few live plants so everyone has lots of hiding spaces. Also a tiny terracotta cave.

I love plecos and had to take my common pleco back to the shop today - :( - I did not realise when I got him, that my tank would be too small.

Also - does it matter if I get a male or female bristlenose? I like the look of the males.
Should be fine. Males can be more aggressivr and mag not appreciate the cories on the bottom which is his space. But it might be ok.

Back
Top Bottom