Bristlenose pleco question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always leave my spawning tanks with bare bottoms. I provide a peice of driftwood with lots of nooks and crannies as the spawning site. The male will stand guard for days.

Attachments

• jun21_04_005_109.jpg
    jun21_04_005_109.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 36
Cool thanks for the info.

In that pic- What is the plant to the left above the pleco on the wood? And I'm assuming that on the right is java moss.

Edit*- Are those roots anubias? on the left above the pleco on the wood.

And what would be a good size tank ? and how many pairs in a tank?

Yep, Anubias roots and probably had some Java moss in there as well.

The tank is a standard 20g. 1 pair per tank.

Ok. Thanks for the help. I'll try it some time (when I get my own house, etc.).

Any other useful tips? (to cover every aspect of BN breeding :lol: )

Here's my most adorable bristlenose who cracks me up, daily:

plecozuchinniroll.jpg

Even though I have many bristlenose plecos, they are ugly. There, I said it and my conscious is clear.

:lol: Haven't you learned that beauty is in the eye of the beholder Meghan?

Yes they are ugly. Good thing they fall into the "They're so ugly, they're cute" category! :lol:

Even though I have many bristlenose plecos, they are ugly. There, I said it and my conscious is clear.

They older ones may be so ugly they are cute. But the babies are just plain cute. ;-)

BabyBrislenosePleco2.jpg

BabyBrislenosePleco1.jpg

;-) That is one of the baby ones I picked up last weekend.

Thanks Rick311k -- you might can get some from either BrianNY or JChillin.

I don't think my pleco is ugly at all. He's 'purty' as a goldfish in color, and cute as a button!

Zezmo -- adorable pleco!

Plecos are very cute and interesting fish, i had a pair which spawned once (the babies are soooo tiny!)... unfortunatly it was in my dwarf shell dwelling chiclid tank and they didnt survive more than a week... :( I now have a spare tank always on hand for those unexpected occurences!

Back
Top Bottom