Bristlenose Sacs? Help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angiieee1588

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So here's the deal, I have a tank which currently houses two plecos I've had for maybe 6 months I left to stay at a friends for the night and I came home noticed that my tank had several sacs a rounds the tank. I straight away asked my partner "what did you put in my tank what are these sac things?" And he is convinced they are eggs, however to me they look like their sinking pellets in an air bubble? I have attached photos can anyone help!!! If they eggs I want trying to breed them. I just upgraded my tank size a week ago could it be something to do with that? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405387109.905865.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405387128.425335.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So I am over feeding on the pellets.. So what's your advice on feeding 2 BN plecos? What should I feed instead of pellets and the occasional cucumber?

Just take out any uneaten food, don't leave it in for so long. I feed mine pellets, cucumber, banana, lettuce....there's not much they don't eat. I put it in before I go to bed and remove anything they haven't eaten in the morning.

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

I will from now on and less amounts of food for them now :) how do you sink your cucumber?

If you want to make cucumber sink,

what I do is I cut out the seeds. Then microwave it until it starts to sink in the little container (about 35-40sec), then I run it under cool water to cool. After I cool it down I squeeze/press it between my fingers and then it usually sinks. If not I microwave it for a bit more and then cool it down again.

Sent from my iPhone A1533 using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom