Broken canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Broke my my eheim 2215. Probably not fixable. Currently using it with an aqua clear 110 on a 75g. What should I replace it with. Honestly have had nothing but trouble with it. Could I go with another aqua clear 110. Found it a lot easier then the canister to deal with. Any other suggestions? Don't want to spend more then 100$.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't have a filter replacement suggestion, but what was the issue with the ehiem?

When removing the lid I completely split the plastic. Crack runs half way down the canister.

When removing the lid I completely split the plastic. Crack runs half way down the canister.

That stinks.
For under $100 I'm sure you can find several canister filters, however, they may be under powered for the 75g. SunSun filters are under budget and should provide adequate gph. The durability of that series might be of concern though. Hopefully other will chime in on this.
I would go with another AC 110 IMO.

2 ac110's should be fine

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is just food for thought...
I have found (in the states) very good filters used online... Craigslist, for a fraction of a new one, I understand you need one in a hurry but might be worth looking.
I usually run 2-3 smaller canisters in my main tank in case one needs servicing.
Good luck!

Was looking at the sunsun and wondering if anybody has used one

Think I am going to get the sunsun 303. 60$ shipped. Just want to measure my cabinet under my tank to make sure it will fit. Reading this it is pretty big.

Back
Top Bottom