Brothers, grrrrrrrrrr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, i am going away for a few days and i asked my brother to feed mt fish for me. I made him a sheet of instructions for what to feed certain fish in certain tanks. HE REFUSES TO FEED THEM! I have platy fry in a breeder tank that is floating in one of my tanks. I told my brother that he has to feed the little guys a very small amount of food(they are only a few days old) because if they don't eat the extra, it can become very toxic to them, and kill them. He will feed all my other fish, but he just won't follow my instructions for the fry. I had one die this morning already, i dont want to lose anymore. I told him to take the tiniest amount possible out of the can and give them that. He wouldent even listen to my instructions. Now he is saying that i don't trust him and when i get back i am going to have alot of dead fish. He just doesnt understand the delicate balance i have worked so hard to create, so my fish could have the best possible life. He is going to throw off all my params, i know it. My brother is pure evil. Anyhoo, does anybody have any advice of coaxing an evil brother :twisted: to feed my fish the correct way?

Find someone else. He sounds like he is either spiteful or uncaring, and either way doesn't sound like someone you can trust.

Again - find someone else.

I just read this idea on another list:

Use one of those pill containers with a section for each day of the week. Measure one day's worth of food into each section. Then all he has to do is open the lid on that day, and tap it into the net.

I don't have time to get one of the pill thing, thats a very good idea though , i will use that next time i go away. I can't find someone else on such short notice, i wish i could. I am going to have to bribe him! LOL

Crush up the flake food like normal(should be really small) put it in a salt/pepper shaker.
Then ask him to just shake it twice every time he feeds the other fish.
Maybe that wouldn't be to hard for him.

Hey Plec, I like that idea, Bravo! If I ever go away that is a plan

why is it his fault you are going away?

If your fry are so important, find someone else to do it or stay home.

I think that was a little harsh Tempo. A lot of people care about their fish but also have lives. He thought he could trust someone and it didn't work out. You live, you learn.

I learned something great on this thread with the pill containers or other ways to pre-distribute the food

Back
Top Bottom