Brown Algae & Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 10 gallon has one male Betta and a Ramshorn snail. Since Betta's do not like fast moving currents I put a filter sponge in a place that slows the outflow of the HOB. I set that tank up close to the same time as my main tank which has lots of water flow. The betta tank had a brown algae outbreak and my main tank did not. Is the lack of flow/oxygen causing the problem? I was able to clean a lot of it out so it's not a huge problem yet.
Thanks

If they are diatoms a single oto cat would have it cleared up in ... 48 hours??? 1 oto in a 10 gal with a betta is perfectly fine.

If they are diatoms a single oto cat would have it cleared up in ... 48 hours??? 1 oto in a 10 gal with a betta is perfectly fine.

A new fish? Twist my arm a little harder LOL.

Since I made this post I completely rescaped that tank. I removed the gravel replaced it with black sand and added quite a few plants. I really love it and so does the big Guppy. :cool: No sign of brown algae...yet.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom