brown bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wade0

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, can someone help me out I have just noticed a few of these brown bug like things in my 10 gallon tank, its nearly three months old...are they bad for the tank?

Sorry I couldn't get a clearer picture, there brown with slight red and they move really slowly...

Attachments

• photo111.jpg
    photo111.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 106
I agree, looks like a young snail. Did you recently add plants or anything where snails might have been introduced to your tank?

I have a plant in there which I added at the start, maybe there really young snails that arn't formed properly yet? Any suggestions on What can I do to get rid of them?

Why not keep them? Theyll clean up any extra food or debris and if theres not enough theyll just die off. I like having all the snails as long as its not an epidemic

Keep in mind though that if you decide to keep this snail make sure you really clean your tank more often if a snail finds some algae it'll breed and you will have a snail infestation which could be a major problem. Not fun!!! Buy an Assassin snail from a store to keep that snail of yours from overpopulating your tank. They are pretty cool looking btw

Yeah its even cooler with an assassin snail bc then its like youre adding more links to your tanks food chain!

Ok thanks, I'll just leave them(3), next time I goto the store I'll have a look out for an assassin snail to buy... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom