Brown lyretail molly with red eyes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently purchased a female molly and shes beautiful. Shes a warm brown, lyretail, and she has the red eyes of an albino..?! is this a hybrid or why type is she? AND she had fry last night!! I didnt know if they were hers or the balloon molly I have in there as well, but I saw some of them also have the red eyes however they look more of an orange than brown in color, maybe daddy or they'll get darker as they mature. But then I saw one of the babies has a HUGE belly, looks like a miniature of the balloon molly, but if i remember right, balloon molly fry dont have the big bellies yet...?

Last edited:
Have seen lots of different colours in mollies Tasha but never seen a brown one, maybe it is a hybrid, you should try breeding it with a standard black mollie, don't know anything about genetics but maybe you'll get some more browns, worth a go???.

Pete

yeah, ill get a picture of her when im home, if shes not hiding, shes pretty timid, and just gave birth two days ago.... I got her because I have never seen a brown one, and with the red eyes she just looked too cool...

I have never seen a brown one either. Maybe it is a semi-albino? I don't know if there is a scientific name for that. It sounds like it has the red eyes of an albino but never fully lost its color...

ok here are a couple pictures of her, there not the best shes new and timid :( and hiding near the back of the tank.

ok so they both look similar, LOL. it doesnt show her brown true. Shes a warm chocolate brown IRL.

Attachments

• IMG_8442edit.jpg
    IMG_8442edit.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_8437edit.jpg
    IMG_8437edit.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 122
a very unusual fish Tasha, are you going to try to breed from her, I would think you might get a percentage of browns, it'll be well worth a try anyway

Pete

she dropped fry 2 days after I got her, although i think from stress and prematurely becuase they didnt swim or act like my other newborn fry and they all died within 48 hrs, I found there dead little bodies.

Im sure she'll get preggo again or already as more sperm stored up and have more in the futuer. I thinks shes really cool looking.

Back
Top Bottom