Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

brown spots

I have a Aponogeton Boivinianus in my 75 gal tank. My issue is it started getting brown spots here or there and from those brown spots grew holes. I went lax on the water changes and noticed a very bad result in all my plants so I'm back to doing weekly water changes. I use root tabs. I have 2 LED homemade lights. ( I cannot tell u anything about it except there are 4 white stips and 2 red) Back to my plant, do I need to do some other kind of ferts.
Please be as basic as possible when it comes to explaining ferts as I do not understand much about them. I do not do co2.
Thank U

Old 04-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429059913.503581.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	270068

What plants do you have?

Being a 75g I would do dry ferts to save some money. Milk post another comment to a link to my dry ferts thread. I knew nothing about them and it's kindergarten level in depth. Easy to understand.

Plants wilt and deteriorate due to lack of nutrients in the water. If there is a lack of these nutrients they need to be supplemented to promote plant growth. The chart above may help narrow down the deficiencies in your tank. You also should find out just how good your light is and how well it can support plants with different needs.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Old 04-14-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's the link to the dry ferts. My tank is a 75 gallon as well so lucky you! You can use my measurements.

Dry ferts help

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 04-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thank you Caleb the info u sent me will be a great help!!!! My only other question are these ferts fish and snail safe as I have both.
Thank you again
Orangepunkins

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 04-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepunkins View Post
Thank you Caleb the info u sent me will be a great help!!!! My only other question are these ferts fish and snail safe as I have both.
Thank you again
Orangepunkins

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Plant fertilizers made for aquariums are completely safe. I wouldn't even hesitate unless you were keeping something like discus.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Tags
brown, brown spots, spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com