Brownish Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kieran_wilson23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have just brought a 65L tank with Inter Pet internal power filter and am using a sand substrate. i cleaned the sand before I put it in the tank but upon filling the tank with water, its gone all cloudy :(. I understand this may be dirt from the sand. My question is, will this coudyness settle/be sorted by the filter, or will i have to do a full water change untill the water runs clear?

(there are no fish in my tank as of yet)

Thanks in advance :D

Probably just debris from your substrate. Give a day or two to settle. If it doesn't you may want to explore your options from there.

kieran_wilson23 said:
Hi, I have just brought a 65L tank with Inter Pet internal power filter and am using a sand substrate. i cleaned the sand before I put it in the tank but upon filling the tank with water, its gone all cloudy :(. I understand this may be dirt from the sand. My question is, will this coudyness settle/be sorted by the filter, or will i have to do a full water change untill the water runs clear?

(there are no fish in my tank as of yet)

Thanks in advance :D

Welcome to AA! I agree it is just particulate from the substrate. If it is a milky color it may be some of the beneficial bacteria entering your tank. Are you familiar with cycling your tank? Please check out the link in my signature and feel free to ask any questions. Cycling is the single most important thing you'll ever do to your aquarium :).

Probably just debris from your substrate. Give a day or two to settle. If it doesn't you may want to explore your options from there.

would you advise turning my pump off to let the debris settle of leave it on?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom