Bubble Wall :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do. I'd dump it but it churns the water nicely on that side of my tank. I just live with the noise.

If I buy this "Rena" One which higher in price it is silent so I am going to buy that but if it isnt then it is going straight back to the shop!

Just need to save up then I will be buying it.

I shall have bubble in both of my tanks :D

I bought the Rena one for my 55 but it didn't pump air to my stone so I returned for an aqua clear one that is very quiet.

I bought a cheap Petco (therefore PennPlax?) double pump and it is very loud. It is the pump for my backup water bubbler rig in my garage so it doesn't matter to me anyway.

Yes I am hoping the "Rena" one is quiet because it says it is silent.

If it isnt I shall be taking it back to I find the best one. :)

How long are you bubble walls?

Fishy Aston said:
Yes I am hoping the "Rena" one is quiet because it says it is silent.

If it isnt I shall be taking it back to I find the best one. :)

How long are you bubble walls?

My 55g has a 6" stone powered by an old tetra whisper 10-30. I found the quietest way for the pump is on the carpet behind the stand. In the past I wrapped it in a towel and that worked great, but I was concerned about it overheating so I unwrapped it.

I have a cheap "Aqua Culture" 20-60 from walmart. Powers 2 medium air stones beautifully! I never hear the pump only the bubbles :)

i got a tetra whisper pump for my air stone, and later a small bubble wall. Totally silent IME. its seved me well so far, so good on the whisper brand (y)

The tetra whisper pumps are also quiet however the larger models with two outputs seem to brake often according to reviews.

All they are us a simple magnetic field that moves an arm attached to a rubber bladder. When mine failed it was because the bladder tore. Rubber breaks down over time, just like the hoses in your car.

Any recommendation on the actual air stones themselves? I was looking to get something that makes really fine / micro bubbles. Anyone got any thoughts? How about the wooden ones?
Oh and just go on you toob to find out what happens if you wrap an air pump up in a towel...!

A wall would be quite cool I reckon, I have an air stone in there currently, but the flow is huge and it really agitates the water surface, causing a lot of splash against the light bar. I've tried decreasing the flow but I just get fewer of the same size bubbles!

Back
Top Bottom