Bubbler Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wife currently purchased a clam bubbler. Its one that builds up pressure then opens and releases the bubbles. Is there a way to minimize how often it opens or how much pressure it releases?
I have the air pump turned pretty much all the way down. I just think it releases to often and to much at once.

ok now just figure out something to prop it open with
I'd go with what Andrew said an air valve or a gang valve. That's what I have on my bubbler. If it's a quite powerful pump, I would use a 3-4 gang valve. You can release more air and it stops constricting the pump....

I decided to take a small piece of tubing I had and wedge the top of the clam open. Now it is just a open bubbler. I like it a lot better. There isn't a big bubble causing a big wave anymore. And the tetra's and danio's seem to like it better because they are playing in the bubbles.

I say tell the wife it won't work in the tank and return it. My wife loves bubblers also and I lost the fight but not the battle. It umm.... Broke. Anyway. If your gonna do it take Andy's advice.

You can o to Walmart, and buy a valve that you can restrict the airflow.

Or you can do the cheap way and tie a few knots in your air line.

I say tell the wife it won't work in the tank and return it. My wife loves bubblers also and I lost the fight but not the battle. It umm.... Broke. Anyway. If your gonna do it take Andy's advice.

I propped it open so now i'm fine with it in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom