bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ynbuckets

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so like, i've had my 10g tank set up for a week and yesterday i noticed bubbles. at the surface. along the side walls of the aquarium. they're more concentrated on the side with the filter, but present on all sides.
a piece of shrimp has been in there 7 days (source of ammonia) and a plant for 2 days.
is it the plant? i haven't tried popping the bubbles. its not a bubble nest cuz there is no fish.

This is usually caused by a film generating on top of the water. It comes from excess nutrients and probably in this case, the rotting shrimp. What kind of filter do you have? Sounds like there is not much surface agitation. Do you have a power head in there? If so, you could try to point it towards the surface enough to make it ripple good... This should help circulate the water...

spasibo

the rotting shrimp. of course. i have a whisper power filter 10. says for 5-10 gallon aquariums. i've always been satisfied with the surface agitation. i like how it makes little whirlpools by the round top of the thermometer. but i guess that's not enough. what's a power head? if its the surface agitation would an air stone help? when i take the shrimp out, will it clear up or do i have to like, siphon it out or something?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom