Bubbles coming from Sand...Any Ideas...Any Help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are doing live plants, you want to have the lights on only once during any 24 hour period. You can shorten or lengthen the "day" artificially, but if you try to do two separate periods of light in 24 hours, you will mess up your plants.

Actually this isn't true. Many planted tanks run with a seista time of a couple hours very sucessfully. I've run planted tanks this way. Coralline Algae's advice was on target for the situation.

One thing to consider is assissin snails once added to a tank will make it impossible to add any good snails such as nerites later on. I personally would try trapping first, then if you continue to see snails you can always get a couple assissin snails.

well i dont really mind the snails (any of them what i figured i might do is get one or two assasin snails to controll populations of any future snails i may get so what would be a good stocking list for my tank as far as guppys , ghost shrimp, and well these snails i have

well i dont really mind the snails (any of them what i figured i might do is get one or two assasin snails to controll populations of any future snails i may get so what would be a good stocking list for my tank as far as guppys , ghost shrimp, and well these snails i have

Seriously if you want any type of snails in the future I would not put any assissin snails in the tank.

Since it's a 10g you could do 1 male and 4 female guppies or just 5 male guppies which is what I would do since you will be over run with fry in a 10g in not time at all. I'd still only do 3 ghost shrimp due to how large they can get and their aggression level once they do get large. Plus they will catch and eat guppy fry if they can. As for the snails I'd still trap them out so in the future you can add a nerite snail or two as these snails can't breed in freshwater.

ok well im really discouraged about the only 3 shrimp deal they will only dissapear in my tank

You can try more but don't be disappointed if they slowly begin to disappear. A 10g isn't that large and while they might start out small they can grow to quite a good size and will be more visable.

but 10gallons are supposed to be best shrimp tank or even smaller i just want a shrimp tank and cant find any locally other then ghost shrimp and i would rather not have to chop my arms off and sell them for shipping for online shrimp

Call around to any of your local fish stores and ask if they can order some Red Cherry Shrimp for you. But understand these shrimp are going to cost alot more than Ghost Shrimp at retail prices and depending on retail markups it can actually be cheaper to buy them on line. Also check the classifieds on the forum or post an ad plus check aquabid. You'd be much happier with a shrimp other than ghosties.

I'm in a big city and most of ours have closed up so your in the same boat as the rest of us. I think the last time I was in one of the LFS's here they had tiny RCS for almost $3 each!

Back
Top Bottom