Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Bubbles floating on surface!!???

Ive been pretty concerned with my aquarium lately. Ive just recently medicated my goldie in my main aquarium. Its been over 4 days since the last dose of medication. Ive done almost a 100% water change with in the last 3 days, BUT their is still bubbles floating on top of the water!! I think its from the Melafix that I used acouple weeks ago or the Maracyn 2 that I just used last week. I put in a fresh carbon pouch into my Fluval 205 canister filter and a filter pad/carbon into my Pengiun Biowheel 150 after I was done dosing with the Melafix and after the Maracyn 2 but it doesnt seem to be absorbing the bubbles. The only other thing that It could possible be is dechlorinator,thats the only chemical I actually put in my water routinly. I use Aquean dechlorinator, has anybody had any issues using this stuff?

So basically what im asking is does Maracyn 2 cause bubbles? I know melafix does but shouldnt it have been absorbed by now, especially after a 90% water change?? Whats your thoughts about the possibilty of the Aquean dechlorinator being the cause?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know too much of certain dechlors can cause bubbles on the surface.

I've had the issues myself a few times, trying sucking out the bubbles and use less dechlor, hope that helps

Tags
bubble, bubbles, floating, surface

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com