Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

A) You're probably overfeeding. I feed every other day, and I still have enough excess nutirents for my pack of snails, microworms, and blackworms. Make sure that they are consuming all the food you put in within 3 minutes.

B) Get the test kits. They can be very helpful in diagnosing problems.

C) Why change the sponge? You have all those wonderful bacteria on the old one, just keep using it until starts to fall apart. The rinse should get rid of any particles trapped inside.

dskidmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFatz
yup...I suggest you get the ap masters kit that tests for all that and ph.

If you live near petsmart find it on the web and print the page.Then go to the store and they will price match themselves.

27.99 without the page...13.99 with it.No hassles either.

Heres a link..you want whats at the top of the page:

[url]http://www.petsmart.com/...
Thanks for your direction SCFatz. Unfortunately I live in Australia... I just checked my lfs for the same test kit and it cost approximately equal to 46USD!! I can get it cheaper online for 40USD... still a rip off I think. But I will get it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskidmore
A) You're probably overfeeding. I feed every other day, and I still have enough excess nutirents for my pack of snails, microworms, and blackworms. Make sure that they are consuming all the food you put in within 3 minutes.

B) Get the test kits. They can be very helpful in diagnosing problems.

C) Why change the sponge? You have all those wonderful bacteria on the old one, just keep using it until starts to fall apart. The rinse should get rid of any particles trapped inside.
dskidmore,

A- Hmm maybe I should cut down on the food then

B- I will.

C- Yes I will continue washing it.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_ice
Thanks for your direction SCFatz. Unfortunately I live in Australia... I just checked my lfs for the same test kit and it cost approximately equal to 46USD!!
Not just Australia, those kits are pretty pricy. I have picked up the individual kits one at a time. I paid more in the end, but it worked out better for my budget to space it out, and better for my tank to have some kits right away.

dskidmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble, bubbles, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com