Bubblewands and Blue Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QTOFFER

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight, I bought an 18 inch bubblewand that spand the entire length of my 10 gal blue crayfish tank. When I put it in and turned it on, the crayfish were drawn to the rising bubbles and were trying to catch them in their claws. :lol:

I didn't like the way the wand was positioned - the filter intake was sucking up air bubbles, so I reached in to move it. almost immediately, I was attacked by both crayfish - they didn't want me messing with their new toy! :D I had to corral both of them into a tupperware container, so I could make some final sdjustments and bury the wand with gravel.

It looks great, and along with the lower temp and the HOB filter, it will help keep the water well oxygenated. The crayfish like to sit on top of the bubbles and let them tickle their tails. I guess it feels good to them. I'll get some updated pics of the tank tomorrow after all the stirred-up gunk settles.

They sound like they have a lot of personality and will be a lot of fun! It's funny (or...maybe not!) how the fish get territorial with the things in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom