building my first 75 g!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zach_1_6 said:
clown loaches can get over a foot long... just so you know in the long run, but they will be fine for a while in your tank, cute little guys too :)

I'm aware, I have kept them for a couple years now. Though they would actually take something like 6 or even 8 years to grow that big. Very slow growers. :).

Did some more work today adding a nubias man's to the wood and re arranged a tad. :)

ForumRunner_20120108_193430.jpg

zach_1_6 said:
What other plants were you thinking of adding? It's A very good start :)

I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants and open to suggestions. I really like baby tears and grass like plants for foreground and maybe some vals in the background along with who knows what else.

I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants and open to suggestions. I really like baby tears and grass like plants for foreground and maybe some vals in the background along with who knows what else.
you could go with some dwarf sagittaria in the front, and have some baby tears up and around the rocks/driftwood. also vals would look nice in the back ground.
here's a pic of my tank with dwarf sage in the front (all across front of tank and toward back left) , and vals in the back (right hand side).

Attachments

• PC180002.jpg
    PC180002.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 55
zach_1_6 said:
you could go with some dwarf sagittaria in the front, and have some baby tears up and around the rocks/driftwood. also vals would look nice in the back ground.
here's a pic of my tank with dwarf sage in the front (all across front of tank and toward back left) , and vals in the back (right hand side).

That is a sweet tank! I'm just concerned about lack of co2 to get q good carpet with the foreground plants.

Mrduna01 said:
That is a sweet tank! I'm just concerned about lack of co2 to get q good carpet with the foreground plants.

Thanks! I have a co2 system for my tank but I'm not running it. Dwarf sage is such an easy plant to grow, but co2 does help with carpeting. Do you have any foreground plants you like? Or are you still looking around?

zach_1_6 said:
Thanks! I have a co2 system for my tank but I'm not running it. Dwarf sage is such an easy plant to grow, but co2 does help with carpeting. Do you have any foreground plants you like? Or are you still looking around?
I like the baby tears I have seen as as carpets in tanks but co2 is a must with this plant when used as a carpet according to my reading. Mainly I want something that spreads fast, stay low and will fill in space in my tank to get me closer to 'heavily planted'. Maybe I ask too much lol.

Mrduna01 said:
I like the baby tears I have seen as as carpets in tanks but co2 is a must with this plant when used as a carpet according to my reading. Mainly I want something that spreads fast, stay low and will fill in space in my tank to get me closer to 'heavily planted'. Maybe I ask too much lol.

Are you talking about dwarf baby tears? Or regular baby tears, both will carpet, but HC is a lot harder then normal baby tears.

I'm talking about dwarf. That's hc right?

I think my issue with the dwarf sage you mentioned is the curled, less dense leaves that I see in pics. Looking for more of something that grows dense and straight up more like grass.

I'm thinking maybe dwarf hairgrass might be more to my liking all across the open areas in front. Thoughts?

I would go dwarf hairgrass. HC (Dwarf baby tears) is very hard to get that nice carpeting look. And hairgrass has that nice dense look to it that you like. And im pretty sure it requires less to grow nicely as well.

zach_1_6 said:
I would go dwarf hairgrass. HC (Dwarf baby tears) is very hard to get that nice carpeting look. And hairgrass has that nice dense look to it that you like. And im pretty sure it requires less to grow nicely as well.

If I can get a deal I will Definately grab some.

Back
Top Bottom