Building up my schools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sniperfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally have the extra cash to fill out my schools, but now I have a small concern: the fish in my tank are pretty much full-grown, and all the fish I see in my lfs are small juveniles...would there be any bullying issues for adding the smaller ones to the school? I know adding smaller Cardinal Tetras would be fine, as I currently have 4 adults and 6 juveniles and they get along fine, but I'm concerned about the 4 Bleeding Heart Tetras, as they are nearly 3" long and sometimes bully the smaller fish, if I were to add 2 or 3 smaller ones (~1-1.5"), would they be likely to be bullied and in turn overly stressed and out-competed for food, or would the bigger ones calm down with more of their same kind?

The best part about adding to a school, there are more fish to balance out the aggression, so instead of just one smaller fish that gets constantly picked on, there are four or five others. So while the larger fish will probably pick on the smaller fish a little bit... It will end up balancing out better than before.

I wouldn't be worried about tetras at all. The more the merrier in their world.

Back
Top Bottom