Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SugaBit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need to change the light bulb in my 29 gallon tank, but they quit making the brand I have now & I'm having a hard time finding one just as good. I want a white/clear/clean light, but the bulbs I've tried so far make my tank look more yellow or green & dim. What brand/type of bulb do I need for clean/white light? Where can I get it?

Tank Lamps

I need to change the light bulb in my 29 gallon tank, but they quit making the brand I have now & I'm having a hard time finding one just as good. I want a white/clear/clean light, but the bulbs I've tried so far make my tank look more yellow or green & dim. What brand/type of bulb do I need for clean/white light? Where can I get it?

Hello Sug...

If your tank will take a standard florescent lamp, you can get them at the local hardware store for a few dollars. GE makes an aquarium plant bulb that's a T8 or T12, 6500K. I've used them in my tanks for some time. If you need something a bit stronger, then look for Solarmax bulbs. I've ordered these online from alphaprobreeders. These are higher end, and cost a bit more, but are a very good, long lasting bulb.

B

Back
Top Bottom