Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Bullfrog Tadpoles/Fish

I recently had to "adopt" a pair of bullfrog tadpoles, due to lack of supervision and care by a friend of mine, n e ways i have them in amy 55 with 3 small sunset gouramis. They are too small (1.5'') to kill or even hurt anything and they are timid anyways. I just wanted to know if anyone had any advice to care for them until they sprout legs and such and i can either set up a terrarium or sel em'
TIA

55Gallon
1 Pleco
2 Algae Eaters
1 Red Tailed Shark
1 Albino Red Tailed Shark
1 White Tailed Shark
1 Gold Gourami
3 Sunset Gourami's
1 Cory Cat
6 Tiger Barbs
2 Green Tiger Barbs
1 Serpae Tetra
2 Cherry Barbs
RIP Gino the Gold Gourami
nfeagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

OK most likely you won't be able to sell them. Bull frogs are common in a lot of states and most people would rather catch their own frog then pay for one. Tadpoles are pretty hard to care for though. Especially Bulls, they will need a pH of 7-7.2, temp. of 60-75, lighting of day only. If I were you I would set them up their own tank instead of placing them with your gouramis. A 10 gallon can be purchased and you can use it to raise them when they get their legs too, when they get older though a large tank will have to be purchased. Also there are many sites online of how to care for bull frogs, so just put in a search and get the exact amount of care they need. Hope they do ok!

Old 11-23-2004, 01:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to QuagmireMan
i had very good success with my tadpols they even got along very well with my african frog. Until the cover fell off my filter inlet and sucked every single one of them in.

Tags
frog

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com