Bully Pictus Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BalaSam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My tank had 2 Bala sharks, 6 Tiger Barbs, 1 Albino Rainbow Shark, and 4 Albino Cory Catfish. In the first 3 weeks I had the tank, 3 of Albino Cory Catfish died. I couldn't figure out why. So finally after about 3 weeks of having only 1 bottom feeder, I decided to get a few more. I went to petsmart and they suggested Pictus Catfish, so I purchased 2 of them. I had them for about 2 weeks when I noticed my Albino Rainbow shark's fins had nip marks on them. They had never had them before, so I thought maybe it was the Pictus Catfish. I came home from work yesterday and my Albino Rainbow Shark, Shadow, was dead. His fins were are torn up.

Are Pictus Catfish normally very agressive? I specifically asked the guy at petsmart is they would get along with what I already had in my tank and he said yes.

Should I be worried about my other fish? Or am I just jumping to conclusions?

I don't think it was the Pictus. I had 3 Balas with a Rainbow and the Balas beat the crap out of my Rainbow. I never saw them being very aggressive but after I rehomed them assuming it was them my rainbow shark got better and he is still alive now and doing great!

My Rainbow Shark was fine until a I got the Pictus. I had the Balas in with my Rainbow Shark for over a month with no problems at all. They haven't shown any signs of aggression toward any of my other fish. I'll keep a look out and see. It was just sad to see when I got home. :(

Back
Top Bottom