Bullying issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
My mollies are bullying my new black long finned tetras (I think that's what they're called) and is there any particular reason they are or are they just being themselves because I've never had issues with my females bullying any of my other fish but they're like swarming them.

And now my neon tetras are playing pick on the little one. I just bought 2 neon tetras too ><

I think I'm just going to rearrange which fish I have in which tank because this doesn't seem to be working out @___@

I just moved the 4 mollies into my 5 gallon I had my 3 gouramis in and then put the gourami's back in my 10 gallon tank. They're fine now. My neon tetras are the only ones fighting with each other, but other than that they're fine. They're probably trying to figure out why there's 2 new ones trying to school with them.

Yeah, that's great if I had the money -.-;; and if my mom didn't tell me no more fish tanks ...but they're all happy enough, maybe not to full content but they're good enough for now -.-

Don't expect the "happiness" to last for long.

How many Tetra's do you have? And am I correct in assuming they are in the 10 gal tank?

Puriti said:
...but they're all happy enough,

Apparently not. Most mollies should be a good 2½"-4" when full-grown....at that size, just two would be feeling the pinch in a 5 gallon, but four mollies, along with a small school of black-skirt tetras (in themselves 1½"-2" fish), is seriously cramped....and no wonder they are getting nippy.

Even if one goes by the old 'golden rule' of 1" of fish per gallon of water, with four mollies and, say three, black skirts, you are going to be a good 11"-14" over in fish (or about 220%-290% over).

Back
Top Bottom