Bumble bee gobies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being a brackish water fish, you could do some mollies with him. Hopefully some others with more experience with brackish water fish will chime in. In the meantime.........

Welcome to Aquarium Advice. :wave:

smilies-35568.png

Mono's and Scat's are brackish but different brackish fish need differnt levels of salt content.. not to mention temperment and such so doing some brackish reaserch for wich fish would be best with the gobie that you would be intrested in...
here is a good brackish water general reaserch link..
http://www.aquariacentral.com/faqs/brackish/

I would suggest doing some research about brackish water and brackish species before you get a BB goby. There are lots of neat fish but many of them need very large tanks (including monos, scats, etc). I keep two violet gobies in my tank they get large and don't take !*#$ from any of my other fish (2 med archer, 1 columbian shark, 1 wide bar datinoid). but in a large enough tank I don't think it would be a problem to keep them with BB gobies (like say at least 40 much better 55gal+).

-Hutch

I read those 2 kinds of fish get along fine because they both eat the same food.

Hi Joey! I keep bb gobies in a 30 gal with Celebes rainbows. You need to find tank mates that will not outcompete the bb gobies for food, since they are slow eaters. I had mollies in with mine, but they ate all the food :nono: Housing the bb gobies with other gobies could be difficult since gobies like the bottom of the tank. I did a lot of research before adding the Celebes. The Celebes only stay at the top, are peaceful and eat the same foods. Another thing to keep in mind is bb gobies are fin nippers.

Thanks :). Maybe i'll see if i could find some Celebes. Could i also have some Fw flounders in there?

I have a FW flounder (left out of many), but I don't recommend them to anyone. There are some fish that simply should not be in the aquarium trade and this is one of them. So little is known about them and it often seems you are doing everything right and within weeks/months of purchasing them, they die :( There is a profile on the FW flounder in the fish profile forum.

Back
Top Bottom