Bus/foot travel to and from LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The only way to get from home to the LFS is to take 2 buses and walk a couple blocks. Both ways! :eek:

I want to order through the LFS (to avoid shipping charges) but I'm not sure if the fish can handle a 1hr trip in my backpack. Any tips on how to keep fish as comfy as possible? Has anyone done anything similar? I'll def use heatpacks; it's chilly up here!

Hi best idea is to try and get a poly box which will fit inside your back pack. Place the fish in its bag inside and 'pack' out the remaining area with either bits of paper or another bag simply blown up with air,this is to stop the bag flopping around.I use this method when i move fish over any distance from simply the local fish shop to getting fish over 200 hundred miles away and the fish have all survived.

stingrays4 said:
Hi best idea is to try and get a poly box which will fit inside your back pack. Place the fish in its bag inside and 'pack' out the remaining area with either bits of paper or another bag simply blown up with air,this is to stop the bag flopping around.I use this method when i move fish over any distance from simply the local fish shop to getting fish over 200 hundred miles away and the fish have all survived.

My thoughts exactly :)

stingrays4 said:

Thank you!!! Great advice, I'll try to find such a box.

Trust me, if they can survive through the mail (my ex girlfriend's dad is a postal worker, I know how they handle packages), they can survive in your backpack. :D

Stingrays4's method is a really good one, loving the air bag method!

Back
Top Bottom