Butis butis....couldn't stand it any more!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fruitbat

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been eyeing this blasted goby ever since it came in to my lfs about a month ago (mis-labeled as a juvenile pike cichlid). I kept telling myself that, as much as I really...really...really....really wanted it, I really shouldn't risk putting it in the tank with my rasboras. Well....I went in to the lfs today (they get their new fish in on Friday) and wandered the store. They got in some gorgeous little 5-banded barbs (Puntius pentazona) that were simply too small to stay in the tank with my Tiger Barbs. There was another tank filled with Threadfin Rainbowfish, Iriatherina werneri which were absolutely exquisite but much too small. Then there was a tank full of small Peacock Gudgeons, Tateurndina ocellicauda....beautiful...but nahhhhh! Wow!! There's a 6-inch Purple-spotted Gudgeon, Mogurnda mogurnda...beautiful but I could just visualize my rasboras disappearing one-by-one down its capacious gullet.

Finally I get around to THAT tank and, sure enough, there is the lonely Crazy Fish perched on a rock. They finally took down the sign that said 'juvenile pike cichlid - $14.99' and replaced it with 'goby - $12.99'. It was close to closing time and they've had the fish for a month without anybody expressing any interest in it. To make a long story short....$6.99 and I took it home with me! Yeeeeesh! So much for willpower!!

LOL I knew you'd wind up with it.

I'll be picking up the keyholes tomorrow ;)

Well....he ate some flake food last night and again this morning but was still looking pretty hungry. When I looked in the tank this afternoon I was just in time to see the last of the antennae of a ghost shrimp disappearing down his gullet. The ghost shrimp are the 5 survivors of 10 that I put in the tank a few weeks ago for the fish to eat. They were either too big or too fast for the barbs, loaches and gouramis to get. Guess that one wasn't QUITE fast enough to escape the goby!! :D

That is a very cool looking fish, I can see why you broke down and HAD to have him. Just one more reason I try like crazy to stay out of the lfs, temptation is very difficult to overcome! The last time I allowed myself to linger around the fish tanks there, I came home with 4 Rams. (lost one last week, still have no idea why)

I cant go in the lfs any more, at least until I get another tank up and going. Every single time I walk in I walk out with bags and bags of fish or plants, or equipment. I swear I spend more on my fish than I do on anything else I have, including me lol. I mean I walked in and bought 6 clown loaches and three dojo loaches, and was only looking at them, and thinking about getting some eventually...so much for the eventually.

LOL I was going today, but that nap looked too tempting....tomorrow (plus, I spent the day finishing setting up the new 15g and saving one of my angelfish fry *grin*).

Back
Top Bottom