Buying a 180 gal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking about buying a 180 gal and wondering what kind of filters, heaters etc I would need. I know I could look this up but I wanted to know from u guys what kind of stuff works the best

In my opinion, you need to use a wet/ dry filter (sump) for that size tank. And I'd use 2 250 heaters in the sump.
P.S. I very highly recommend an acrylic tank. Very highly

In my opinion, you need to use a wet/ dry filter (sump) for that size tank. And I'd use 2 250 heaters in the sump.

P.S. I very highly recommend an acrylic tank. Very highly

Even if it's fresh?

Fresh or salt water, acrylic tanks are lighter in weight, don't crack, are much more attractive since there are no metal edges, etc. They are more expensive but well worth the cost. I have 21 tanks, 19 are acrylic. I've had one for 30 years with no problem at all. They hold up well and are way easier to move. Just have to watch when you clean the sides that you don't scratch them. If you do, they buff out easily. You can also drill them, easily, for inflows and outlets. I will never buy another glass tank.

Fresh or salt water, acrylic tanks are lighter in weight, don't crack, are much more attractive since there are no metal edges, etc. They are more expensive but well worth the cost. I have 21 tanks, 19 are acrylic. I've had one for 30 years with no problem at all. They hold up well and are way easier to move. Just have to watch when you clean the sides that you don't scratch them. If you do, they buff out easily. You can also drill them, easily, for inflows and outlets. I will never buy another glass tank.

lol I know acrylic tanks are da bomb digity I was talking about if I bstill need to dump for a freshwater tank

I don't understand your reply.
I looked up sump filters on Craigslist and all of them were for salt and I just wanted to make sure I still should get the wet/dry filter

Does not matter. I've never had saltwater tanks. A sump will work in either salt or fresh water. All it does is pump, filter, and aerate water. Oh, and provide excellent biological action to break down wastes.

Back
Top Bottom