buying aquarium stuff online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Can we start a list of suggested sites to buy aquarium stuff from? It has to be a site that you bought something from, you can put your input. Here is a WONDERFUL site for buying live plants: http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/
I have ordered plants from them multiple times and they've always been in perfect condition, they even added a few extras when my order was late! The prices are very competative as well.
Anybody else know of good aquarium buying websites?

severum mama said:
www.bigalsonline.com has pretty cheap prices. :mrgreen:

I second that, the only problem is the week long shipping, and thats a SMALL problem. I use them all the time.

Isn't this covered in "General Retailers" under "Buy-Sell-Trade"? I mean, I certainly don't care if there's a thread as well, but isn't it more helpful to keep all the info together?

I'll chime in for petsolutions.com
They even have a live person for customer support on SUNDAYS!
Great prices, fast shipping, good customer service.

malkore said:
I dislike BigAl's for their shoddy customer service.

Thats a good point, it is REALLY bad. One time I forgot to sign in so I could get my VIP points so I politely asked if they could still be added to my account. I got an Email back that just said no and they even pasted in a picture of the "Sign in to my account" button from their site. Amazing, huh? But hell, its hard to beat those prices.

piranha said:
Superfishstore.com - super competitive prices ---- Aquataders.com-lowest prices-Jebo sales only

Aquatraders is shady as hell, no one answers their phones and no one emails you back and their website is broken in parts.

I order a lot from http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Shop.cfm?N=2004. I ordered some driftwood for my 5 gallon tank. I told them I needed a rather small piece, and when it came, it was huge! Beautiful, but too big for my tank. I called and they sent me a smaller piece immediately -- free of additional charges and shipping costs! :D

I also like http://www.aquariumguys.com/index.html. They don't have a phone number but they are very responsive to your e-mail. I sent several e-mails, either about product questions or a question about my order, and my e-mail was always answered within 24 hours. It wasn't a "form reply" either -- they were very detailed replies!

Dr Fosters do seem to be very efficient and fast, but I am in most cases much happier to pay less and wait a few more days Big Al's for me!

I just ordered a 25' Python, Marineland Emperor 400 HOB filter, a Test Kit and some feeding clips for $75 inc shipping! Only $40 for the Emperor and the shipping for that would have come to $8, on Ebay you would be lucky to find a new one for $40 and the shipping would be substantially more.

So far so good with www.bigalsonline.com , they price beat by 5% also. So if you find it cheaper online elsewhere, they'll give you 5% off from that price. I picked up my turbo-twist for real cheap because I had found it elsewhere. You just have to be able to prove it with the other stores web address!

In Canada, www.mops.ca has honest pricing, excellent service.
Also, got good prices at captivereefs.com (for lights) and aquatic-store.com (CO2).
And bought my Eheim filters at petsmart.com (excellent service)

Back
Top Bottom