C02 Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whodeymatt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am studying C02 systems for my 150 gallon freshwater tank. I have seen on DrForstersSmith.com the Deluxe Fully-automatic C02 system for over $400. Does anyone have this? Has someone bought something different? I want a system to turn on and not do a lot of maintenance on. Not really interested in the DIY stuff. Also, are there good plants that do create bubbles or can all plants that healthy do this? Thanks.

Can't tell you much about the system, but as for plants bubbling or pearling, this happens when the water is fully saturated with oxygen and cannot absorb any more produced by the plants. Excessive pearling seems to be the holy grail for many people but the formation of bubbles on or under the leaves is a good enough indication of their being enough oxygen in the water. You may see a lot of pearling after a water change as tap water is often high in gases and the plants will pearl for a few hours until the excess gases are dissipated.
My pressurised Co2 system is fairly basic but I do run it on a timer, only when the lights are on. I don't run it at night as plants reverse the process and expire Co2 at night so running your system could well overload the tank with Co2. A bubbler at night, on a timer, is helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Not sure if he'd want a paintball tank for a 150 gal tank.

OP if you're ok with spending that much money have you considered the co2 regulators from GLA? They're extremely well made and have great customer service.

You can use paintball set ups on big 20lb tanks too with an adapter. Aquatek makes one for around $15.

Jesse

Just to avoid confusion are you referring to the CGA 320 adapter? I think those work the other way (regular sized adapter --> paintball tank, as pictured with ImACoolguy's pic).

I am using aquatek regulator with a 5 lb co2 I have a glass bubble counter and a glass diffuser and a brass check valve whole system ran around $200 or less it works great couldn't be happier I thought the 5lb tank was going to be to big but works out its fine I'd say that would be the way to go don't use the plastic bubble counter or diffuser go glass it looks and works much better

I have the aquatek basic regulator runs about $78 and a 5lb tank $58 and I bought an aquatek 3 way splitter so I can use it for 3 tanks or in your case one tank this system works fantastic no need to spend $400 it costs about $10 to fill the 5lb tank

Back
Top Bottom