Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very sorry to hear about this. Mollies, from what I have read, can be touchy fish if not kept in pristine conditions. This seems to be more and more true as fish farms continue over breeding.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 AM   #12
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Sorry about your fish.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by George9 View Post
I don't know If they can knock themselves out, but they can definitely hurt themselves. One if my fish almost jumps out if the tank for food an splashes me lol
My Bleeding Hearts do that, lol. and theyve gotten so big Im afraid they actually will jump out. They'll splash me in the face alot
Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

What are your water parameters? With that many dead fish in such a short amount of time I bet you have a spike in ammonia. Did any of them have any signs of disease? Sounds like flashing to me, rubbing against objects in the tank.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

My parameters are:
Ammo-0
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-30
pH-7.4

I am not seeing problems with any other fish in my tank only the mollies died.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:47 AM   #16
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

30 nitrates is a bit high IMO. I suggest you try to keep it a little lower if you can. But, its not exactly astronomical or anything.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yea I did a 60-70% PWC this morning. I retested and I messed the test up last night the actual Nitrate level was closer to 60ppm and my ammonia level was .25ppm. Even with the PWC the nitrate level will still be in the 20's since my tap water has nitrates in it.
I also notice that one of my oldest fish had a stingy poop so I threw in some peas and he jumped on them. If I see anymore stringy poop I plan to get some internal parasites medicine. Since I have not seen any stringy poop B4 last night and I have not added any fish recently my first assumption has to be constipation not internal parasites.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com