Can ADF's and Goldfish coexist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lokinin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been wondering around on the net reading answers to my question from both people saying it is okay or it isn't okay? which is it? what are some serious problems that could occur? I know that goldfish are cold water while adf's are tropic but will this affect the goldfish more if there's a heater? Or should I just get a seperate tank? (I apologize if this is a lot of questions)

Last edited:
Regarding the temperature of the water there is no problem with goldfish. I kept goldfishes in even 86F without problem. (they only eat more!)

I did not keep Adf's with goldfish but i think you would have problem with feeding the frog (because goldfish would consume all the food in a glance and nothing would left for the others) secondly, some frogs are nipper, so they may like to nip the fancy tails of goldfish.

Frogs can co-exist with goldfish in ponds .... I suppose it is doable in a big setup. <No personal experience here, although I did see frogs kept in same tank as golds in one lfs.>

As for goldfish & temp - fancy golds are sub-tropical & likes to be in the high 70's. Commons like it a bit cooler, but they will be OK in warmer temp as long as there is plenty of aeration. They are said to have shorter lifespan if kept constantly warm. The commons (& comets & prob. most single tails) apparently benefits from a "winter" period of rest when the water temp is lower.

Back
Top Bottom