Can anyone confirm if these are worms??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marigabylp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had this aquarium for about two years now, and I've never really had any problems. I only have two fish right now, a danio zebra and a Gourami. They get along very well.

Recently I've noticed these brown things lying around on the gravel, and I'm worried they might be worms. Does anyone know what these things are and how to get rid of them? Are they dangerous to the fish? I also have no idea how they got into the tank... I haven't changed anything in the food they eat or changed any of the regular products I use to make the water safe for the fish.

I'm really concerned since I've had these fish for a long time and I don't want anything to happen to them.

They're very easy to spot on the first image, there are two brown things in the middle. On the second image, it's a little bit hidden but it's also located in the middle by the edge.

Attachments

• IMG_4020.jpg
    IMG_4020.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4021.jpg
    IMG_4021.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 62
I've been very careful about amount of food I'm giving :confused:
Should I cut down on it anyway?

I've just read that I should take out the fish and put them in a temporary tank, so that I can heat up the water. Suposedly this will kill the worms. Do you think this might work?

Back
Top Bottom