Can anyone ID these fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtistGardener

Aquarium Advice Freak
In early May, I set up a new 20 gallon planted tank. Eight days later, I found 12 newly hatched babies in there. The eggs had to have been in the plants (even though I rinsed them before planting). Only five have survived (kind of sad as some made it to a good 1/2"). Here are a few images of two of them. They glow under the lights, have a danio/devario shape, but are shorter-bodied. I am wondering if they are danio putao, bengal danio, ….. Or am I completely wrong on the family?

Attachments

• mystery fish.jpg
    mystery fish.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Mystery fish 2.jpg
    Mystery fish 2.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 87
Yeah they definitely look like danios for sure, but im not too sharp on my species. They do kind of resemble giant danios though.

I have giant danios in another tank, and these markings aren't similar. Additionally, the yellow on these fluoresce under the tank lights and my giant danios do not. Here is an image of giant danios.

Attachments

• Giant Danios.jpg
    Giant Danios.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 80
Whatever they are, they're certainly beautiful!

I think danio dangila has whiskers and spots. My babies have neither. There must be some danio/devario expert out there! :confused: They most definitely are pretty, though! Thanks for looking everyone.

Back
Top Bottom