can anyone ID this pleco please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks a lot like my BN pleco babies. Lets see what others think.

This is definitely a bristle nose pleco, a young one
This is the calm type of pleco, my personal favorite
They grow to be six inches, and males develop these spike kind of things in their noses
These spikes dont harm your other fish
Very cool pleco, keep it!
Any questions you have I'll happily answer them! I have a 2 inch long female, do a fine job cleaning your tank:)

Yeah, i think that is a BN pleco.. Great lil guys! However, it seems like the spots are more prevalent on this one..Hm. How big is it? It's pretty safe to say it's a BN though.

It's not like any bristlenose I've seen before. If it is then its a female but I'm not sold that its a bristlenose

It's not like any bristlenose I've seen before. If it is then its a female but I'm not sold that its a bristlenose

Bristlenoses are white spotted like that when they are little, the spots become smaller as they grow, likely is a bristlenose, though you might want to research it

Hifins are usually more distinct with their spots and have a bigger top fin, and it's not a clown or anything either..so I am pretty sure it is a BN. And it looks small so it wouldn't have bristles yet. If it is bigger and has no bristles then yeah, it's a female.

Bristlenoses are white spotted like that when they are little, the spots become smaller as they grow, likely is a bristlenose, though you might want to research it

The spots aren't white, their dark brown. It was sold as an L20 which it quite clearly isn't

The spots aren't white, their dark brown. It was sold as an L20 which it quite clearly isn't

Idk how L20s look when they're young..hopefully more people will chime in and let you know what they think.

I have kept L20 from young myself and they do not look like this

Just googled the L20, it doesn't look far off to me.... what is it about it that disagrees with you? Thinking it may not be a BN now...

Here look, mine has its spots white!

Attachments

• image-3275600695.jpg
    image-3275600695.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2590403335.jpg
    image-2590403335.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom