can beta's live with guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tao 2008

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:) alrite everyone
,i got my "beta" from the pet shop 2 day,shes settled in fine with 2 cory cats, 5 mountain minnows , 4 mollies, sammy the snail and sadly 2 neon tetras ive done a bit of reseach into them but really want to hear more opinions on weather "bettas" could get along with guppies, i really want guppies so what should i do :confused:?.............thanx

p.s. i have a 180 litre tank

It is all about the betttas personal. if its a mean one then well no. But since he gets along fine with your other fish then i would think that you are fine. although the guppies will have much longer fins than your other fish you must beware as fin nipping is definately not out of the question. Your best bet is to try it for a few days and find out your results. But beware that the berra can hurt or kill any of your fish at will. If its a male your chances will be lower and if its a femae you have better odds. If you want to breed gups then you will have less fry because the betta will eat them at first sight.

Is it a male or female betta? If it is a female, you shouldnt have a problem. Males can be a bit nippy.

its a female , and she seems really chilled out and happy so dya think she can live with guppies then ? thanx

Just have a backup plan if things don't go well. A small 2 gallon tank for the betta will work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom