Can Betta and Snail Coexist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dillinger916

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a 5 gallon tank. (Not counting the decorations) I only have a betta in there. I wanted to put something else in there with him. I know bettas are aggressive but I heard you can put a bottom feeder in with them, potentially. I was wondering if a snail would be a good fit. Thanks!

I have always kept bettas - I have a 40 gallon tank. I've also typically kept snails in my tank, along with the betta. I have personally never had a problem with the betta being aggressive toward a snail. My two main snails were pretty large, but I've also kept smaller snails with a betta without any trouble.

i think it all depends on the betta, hes the aggressive one and if he says okay, than its okay, if not, than... he will be having es cargo

I just bought one about an hour ago and put it in my heated 28 gal. It is doing fine its a black mystery snail. My veiltale female betta acts like its not there and so do the cories. And when i put the cories in my betta didnt care she acted like they werent there. Mines peacful it all depends on your betta. I would try it but have a backup tank incase they dont work out.

Back
Top Bottom